[Noisebridge-discuss] occupy fcc

Darius Garza 313kid at gmail.com
Thu May 8 19:07:08 UTC 2014

As many of you probably already know, on MAY 15'th, the FCC intends to
propose rules that would enable phone and cable Internet service providers
to discriminate both technically and financially against Internet companies
and to impose new tolls on them.

The people have hit the streets in response and are camping out near the
FCC HQ in DC to make their opinions about net neutrality heard. (
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/activists-are-camping-out-at-the-fcc-until-it-upholds-net-neutrality
)

I'm trying to organize a similar occupy effort near the bay area FCC
office, but I'm having trouble even finding a legitimate address. The FCC
office address listed on this
page<http://www.onlinepolicy.org/action/fccoffices.shtml>is my only
lead, but the number is invalid and I can't confirm if the
location is legit. Anyone know where their office is located?

Any other advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially
any info about the legal feasibility of such an endeavor. I don't have any
experience with this level of hacktivism but I've had enough and figured I
might as well try. Ideally I'd like to get a camp setup by Monday and sit
things out until we hear back from the FCC on thursday.

cheers,
d.