[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge as "facility"

openfly openfly at xn--kgbed8a0h.xn--ngbc5azd
Fri May 2 21:54:52 UTC 2014

Treating Noisebridge as a facility would destroy noisebridge.

Firstly for all of the reasons Heph brought up.

Second because operating a public library in the mission would be not fun in the extreme.

Making it a public facility will only promote the worst behaviors among those who
frequent the space.  Consider the community dead.  No more trust.

Heck why not just declare it the noisebridge co-working space at that point.

You can't just build it and hope they come... you build something and you get
whatever happens to show up.  In the mission that will be meth addicts and
the mentally ill.  If you want a hackerspace... with actual hackers...
you need to build a community of hackers and EVERYTHING including the space
will follow.

So, fuck the facilities.  You could run a better hackerspace out of a coffee
shop.  It's all about the people.

-openfly