[Noisebridge-discuss] cron job email or real event?

Johny Radio johnyradio at gmail.com
Fri May 9 01:28:32 UTC 2014

From: "Naomi Most" <pnaomi at gmail.com>

> >>I admit to being fairly annoyed at Johny's post (and yours, a
>little). The reason I am annoyed is that there's a pattern of
>complaining-without-doing that I would like to break.

Naomi, if i was guilty of that, you'd have a right to be annoyed.

But i believe i've done quite a LOT, so i REALLY FUCKING resent your
implication, Naomi, that i complain with doing.

Jake too has done a great deal to try and improve the situation. How
insulting to Jake for you to imply otherwise.

Apparently you don't realize my efforts:

     -I gathered Mitch Altman and 10 Noisebridgers last month for a
3-hour meeting to template Working Groups.
     -Put a lot of time and work into organizing several Noisebridge
Orchestra concerts, in which MANY Noisebridgers collaborated, to promote
Noisebridge community. We performed at two Noisebridge fundraisers.
     -Participated in NUMEROUS nb cleanups in groups and by myself, for
years.
         http://youtu.be/qaiPZTtgEeY

https://plus.google.com/photos/103915516001697169261/albums/5976325860479271009
     -Participated Tuesday meetings aplenty.
     -Organized numerous events and classes at noisebridge for years. My
event 2 weeks ago brought 40 people to Noisebridge.
         https://noisebridge.net/wiki/NoiseHack
         https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Theremin
     -Got parts donated to NB from Instructables.com

http://blog.noisebridge.net/2013/12/18/noisebridgers-make-novel-method-to-cycle-leds/
     -Organizing a demo and training of a new CNC mill donated to
Noisebridge by Inventables.com (May 15, 7pm)
     -Created music-hacking and audio-hacking community resources

https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Songbridge#Linux_Music_Production_Distros
         https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Web_Sound_Toys
     -Started a new NB mailing list with over 100 subscribers
         https://www.noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/sound-hacks
     -Cleaned bathrooms.
     -Produced a series of hacker spoken-word interviews (when others
TALKED about Noisebridge radio, but never actually produce any)
         https://noisebridge.net/wiki/SpokenWord
     -Donated money every month to NB for 3 years.
     -I'm organizing a Noisebridge fundraiser (May 31, 7pm).

Your statement below shows you have no fucking clue. Jake has made his
feelings crystal clear on this list for years. That you would suggest
anything has improved AT ALL, let alone improved enough for Jake to
return, shows how fucking out-of-touch you are.

From: "Naomi Most" <pnaomi at gmail.com>
 >>I am asking because I want to see if/how Jake's perspective has
changed, and whether he's aware of what's already changed in a direction
that he might like.

From: "Naomi Most" <pnaomi at gmail.com>
To: "Jake" <jake at spaz.org>
 >>Well, thanks for clearing off your shelf

You should not be THANKING Jake, you should be LAMENTING that
Noisebridge has lost one of it's most valuable participants.

From: "Naomi Most" <pnaomi at gmail.com>
 >>Johny, do you REALLY want to take on the concept of "Noisebridge is
for hackers, and non-hackers shouldn't be here?" Because if you do, you
will have to come to the Noisebridge meetings

Goddammit Naomi, i have brought this up at countless Noisebridge
meetings, for years, and i did not notice you there.

WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING TALKING ABOUT?