[Noisebridge-discuss] Problem: people seeing NB as a backup shelter

Naomi Most pnaomi at gmail.com
Fri May 9 20:08:54 UTC 2014

That sounds like fun.  (With one major "but", below.)

I'd be concerned about its fragility as a component in security
infrastructure -- it will have power needs and maybe some other
maintenance issues -- but I don't see any reason why we couldn't play
around with something like that and install it when we're convinced
that it works.

BUT... a key entry system that requires foot-mobility would greatly
reduce the accessibilty of our space.  We do have members in
wheelchairs and members who regularly sprain their ankles.  :)

So if we did this fun thing, it would have to be "in addition to" the
keypad -- not a replacement for it.

--Naomi