[Noisebridge-discuss] Problem: people seeing NB as a backup shelter

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Fri May 9 20:00:12 UTC 2014

Do we even need a "keypad" as such?

I wonder... as a wild hare rabbit stew level idea- a camera aimed at
numbers projected on floor.  Block beam to # with foot in sequence= camera
shows the sequence to some AI realm program.  sort of how traffic lights
use a camera for  lane occupied detection.

 I'd even consider- crude Machine CV scripts? Idea is: to begin timer loops
when a foot blocks beam ...

Place foot on light dot of #1= camera "sees" that as a button push.  Soft
tone to ack the press. Repeat per digits till done.  Wrong codes might
start a delay penalty timer... and/or "who's at the door" chime in the
space???

 If you know the code and how to step it in - After a few seconds of
footsie the relay clicks and you're in.

There's a million details to get a usable build of my hack.  But the basic
concept is my gift to NB... I rather hope that some folks can show their
best efforts at this.

I'd dare presume to assign person's X to some sub-task but that would be
cheating..  My

Oren Beck

816.632.3695