[Noisebridge-discuss] Cyberspectrum: Bay Area Software Defined Radio Meetup

Balint Seeber balint256 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 23:44:47 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I know some of you are interested in Software Defined Radio and have done
some SDR hacking at Noisebridge, so I wanted to let you know about a new
meetup dedicated to this subject:

http://www.meetup.com/Cyberspectrum-Bay-Area-Software-Defined-Radio-Meetup/

The inaugural event will be held next Wednesday evening (Nov 19th) in Santa
Clara, and I hope to alternate monthly between SF and the South Bay. (For a
SF month, can anyone let me know whether NB might be a potential venue? :)

Here's the Meetup blurb:

"The Bay Area SDR Meetup will serve as a forum to exchange knowledge and
ideas related to Software Defined Radio (the software and hardware), and
generally aim to get people excited about all the applications that can be
realised with the technology. At each meetup, attendees will have the
opportunity to present their work/ideas to the group.

Engineers, enthusiasts, hobbyists and people of all experience levels are
welcome, no matter what your software/hardware background. Everyone is
welcome to submit their ideas/presentations to the pool. For each meetup, a
fixed number will be chosen to fit the format. Currently there will be a
short show-and-tell section, followed by two 20 minute presentations (e.g.
an introduction to an SDR topic and analysis of a mystery signal), and then
to conclude a 40 minute in-depth presentation on an application.
Suggestions/alterations to this format are welcome of course!
Meetup locations will alternate between the South Bay and San Francisco.
Meetup presentations will be recorded and posted online (although you can
opt out if you wish)."

Feel free to get in touch on the Meetup page, or via email, if you have
questions, topic requests, or (even better) experiments/work/ideas you
would like to share!

Hope to see you there,
Balint
@spenchdotnet