[Noisebridge-discuss] Cyberspectrum: Bay Area Software Defined Radio Meetup

Patrick O'Doherty p at trickod.com
Wed Nov 12 23:59:07 UTC 2014

Hey Balint,

This sounds super awesome. I've been curious to try out SDR for a while
so I'd love to see it hosted in NB during the SF months. I 100% think
you should do it.

There's a useful wiki page about hosting events at NB which might be
useful for you to read:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Hosting_an_Event

If you'd like help when it's in SF I'd be more than willing to help out.

Cheers!

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 03:44:47PM -0800, Balint Seeber wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I know some of you are interested in Software Defined Radio and have done
> some SDR hacking at Noisebridge, so I wanted to let you know about a new
> meetup dedicated to this subject:
>
> http://www.meetup.com/Cyberspectrum-Bay-Area-Software-Defined-Radio-Meetup/
>
> The inaugural event will be held next Wednesday evening (Nov 19th) in Santa
> Clara, and I hope to alternate monthly between SF and the South Bay. (For a
> SF month, can anyone let me know whether NB might be a potential venue? :)
>
> Here's the Meetup blurb:
>
> "The Bay Area SDR Meetup will serve as a forum to exchange knowledge and
> ideas related to Software Defined Radio (the software and hardware), and
> generally aim to get people excited about all the applications that can be
> realised with the technology. At each meetup, attendees will have the
> opportunity to present their work/ideas to the group.
>
> Engineers, enthusiasts, hobbyists and people of all experience levels are
> welcome, no matter what your software/hardware background. Everyone is
> welcome to submit their ideas/presentations to the pool. For each meetup, a
> fixed number will be chosen to fit the format. Currently there will be a
> short show-and-tell section, followed by two 20 minute presentations (e.g.
> an introduction to an SDR topic and analysis of a mystery signal), and then
> to conclude a 40 minute in-depth presentation on an application.
> Suggestions/alterations to this format are welcome of course!
> Meetup locations will alternate between the South Bay and San Francisco.
> Meetup presentations will be recorded and posted online (although you can
> opt out if you wish)."
>
> Feel free to get in touch on the Meetup page, or via email, if you have
> questions, topic requests, or (even better) experiments/work/ideas you
> would like to share!
>
> Hope to see you there,
> Balint
> @spenchdotnet