[Noisebridge-discuss] Disagreement in the space

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Sun Nov 2 18:54:01 UTC 2014

Matt popped into Noisebridge yesterday (Saturday) afternoon. I was asked
by someone if I had some sort of authority in the space (other than my
asshole charm and obnoxious voice, I do not) and if so could I please
talk with Matt and ask him to leave.

I chatted with Matt while we was standing at the door staring into the
shop. He didn't really seem like he wanted to acknowledge me, then
turned and left after I asked him to leave. I went back to working in
the classroom.

About 15 minutes later he was back in the space. At this point I tried
to have a conversation with him, asking what he was doing in the space
and if he understood that "some folks" had already asked him to leave
and not return to the space till Tuesday or whenever those sorts of
mediation meetings happen. His portion of the dialog wasn't supper
coherent and I wasn't sure if he was understanding most of the things I
was communicating to him. After another minute or two of talking he
walked over to the lockers and started to open up what I guess was his
locker to remove some of his thing. I asked if he would leave after he's
gotten his stuff and he responded with yes. Shortly there after I again
asked him to please not return until that meeting comes up, he
acknowledged this and left.

Five minutes later he was back in the space. I again stated that some
people have asked him to leave and not return till the mediation meeting
could happen. He got a little upset and wanted to know who had initiated
this, which I responded with honestly not remembering but it's on the
mailing list and that he should check his email when he gets home. He
was looking for his umbrella, became slightly incoherent again. It was
then that I could smell a lot of alcohol coming off of him, I don't know
if the smell was coming off of his person or from his breath. We located
his umbrella, I very frankly asked him if he needed anything else in the
space, because he was not allowed to come back again after he left the
space, he said no. I walked him to the exit, he left, I shut both the
doors and went back to work.

Did not see him return again until I left at 5:30 PM.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net