[Noisebridge-discuss] Quick question about 3d printer

pdbogen at cernu.us pdbogen at cernu.us
Thu Oct 9 17:37:52 UTC 2014

Nylon, AIUI, is still thermoplastic; and in particular, you can 3D print in
nylon on a FDM printer if you don't mind the toxic fumes. That said, Shapeways
does appear to have a variety of metals (probably not good for pot/pan handles
or whatever); and ceramics, which might work, though I don't know how brittle
they are.

Printing a positive prototype and then a negative mold, as Rachel suggests, is
probably the best way to go.

- Patrick