[Noisebridge-discuss] Visit to Noisebridge

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Tue Oct 28 16:05:38 UTC 2014

[Adding Jake who might be interested]

On 28 October 2014 08:55, Alroy Almeida <alroy at volterainc.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone!
>
> I've been to SF a few times this year but to my frustration, haven't been
> able to make it to Noisebridge.  If you don't mind a few Canadians around, a
> few of us were hoping to come by on Monday at 6PM and also stick around for
> Circuit Hacking Mondays!
>
> We're working on a printer that can print circuit boards (on FR4), dispense
> solder paste, and reflow components.

Nice. Jake and I are hacking on solder paste dispensing and pick'n
placing on a regular 3D printer
  https://github.com/hzeller/rpt2pnp

Your stuff looks quite slick, and some people that want to sell slick
hardware fall into the trap believing that they need to make it closed
hardware to be successful, maybe because they didn't have enough open
source/hardware experience to know better or this is what they were
told by some mis-informed startup adviser. Did you fall into that trap
?

> I was chatting about it with Mitch a
> few weeks ago he encouraged me to come by and get feedback from the
> Noisebridge community.  If you're around next Monday, you will be the first
> people to ever see our newest prototype and we're hoping you could tell us
> what you think.

Sounds good. I try to be there, but 6pm is a bit early in the day;
hope you stay a while.