[Noisebridge-discuss] [dorkbotsf-blabber] Beagle Bone Black running Debian - OSX toolchain?

Anders Nelson anders.k.nelson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 00:03:48 UTC 2014

It seems I spoke too soon - Yes I can build programs and copy/run them on
the BBB target but I can't debug using Eclipse:

=======================
$1 = 0xff

The target endianness is set automatically (currently little endian)

warning: .dynamic section for
"/usr/local/willtm/arm-willtm-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/lib/libstdc++.so.6" is
not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/local/willtm/arm-willtm-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/lib/libstdc++.
so.6.0.18-gdb.py", line 59, in <module>

    from libstdcxx.v6.printers import register_libstdcxx_printers

ImportError: No module named libstdcxx.v6.printers

warning: .dynamic section for
"/usr/local/willtm/arm-willtm-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/lib/libgcc_s.so.1" is
not at the expected address (wrong library or version mismatch?)
=======================

Then of course my debugger says "No source available for "main() at
0x8738"". I'm thinking the toolchains/libraries are different between
what's on my Mac and what's on my BBB.

Is there any way around this aside from installing the same Linux distro in
a VM and on the BBB?

=o

--
Anders Nelson