[Noisebridge-discuss] [dorkbotsf-blabber] Beagle Bone Black running Debian - OSX toolchain?

Anders Nelson anders.k.nelson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 20:52:52 UTC 2014

Firstly, thanks so much for your responses - I seemed to have solved the
problem by just using the toolchain below.

UPDATE:

I found a toolchain that works well, though it's limited to the armv6 ISA
here:

http://will-tm.com/cross-compiling-mac-os-x-mavericks/

Using armv6, this compiler also works for Raspberry Pi which was smart of
Will IMHO. I sent a request for an OSX build to Linaro - they host a ton of
different arm toolchains, none of which work on OSX! Wah waah, first-world
problems:

http://releases.linaro.org/latest/components/toolchain/binaries/

So I'm up and running now but I imagine the armv7 ISA contains a lot of
good stuff...

I'm putting the stuff I referenced to get up and running in a blog post
here:

http://andersknelson.com/blog/?p=155

Hope this helps someone!

=]