[Noisebridge-discuss] The epic LED lighting thread

Pirate Matt bugsglo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 20:10:56 UTC 2014

Hi Rubin. Pirate Matt here. +1 for bringing up the lighting situation in
the space. It is a concern and has been a thorn in the side of finalizing
the Reboot effort. We originally had a plan for LED fixtures throughout the
space but ran into supplier and cost problems. The option for those is
still there, but the major concern was time. We want to get the space
inspected and approved as soon as possible, which is why we put in those
horrible, energy consumptive bulbs, as the infrastructure for those lights
will absolutely pass inspection, if not pretty. Once the inspection is done
(we are pushing for the end of September) the plan was to concentrate on
installing better work light and creating lighting zones within the space
to curtail energy usage and optimize lighting within these zones. I hope
this helps in understanding the current situation and aids in the planning
and implementation of a better lighting system. We also have our
electrician Neil to tap for advice and suppliers. I know that he and Mitch
had spoken about sourcing LED bulbs directly from China. Maybe get with
them and see where they are with it?