[Noisebridge-discuss] Five Minutes of Fame: This Thursday @ 8 PM!

Garrett Smith dhtmlkitchen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 07:21:17 UTC 2015

On 8/17/15, Torrie Fischer <tdfischer at hackerbots.net> wrote:
> Did you know that we're in a drought?

I warned of the dangers of "sustainable development" at a 2013 5MOF. I
urged people to come with me to ABAB/MTC approval meeting at the
Oakland Marriot.

Not much later, I put up a small sign about conserving water above the
sink. It was removed right away.

And I touched on a few sensitive nerves by informing people that they
were wasting water. I didn't tell them what to do, just tried to make
them aware of what they were doing.

They got their way, dumping out all our water for the delta smelt,
while also packing us in to PDAs in the name of "sustainable
development", while their friends at Coca Cola still suck up water.

Governor Jerry Fracking Brown says we can do our part it by buying new
appliances.
--
Garrett
@xkit