[Noisebridge-discuss] Bernie?

Corey Quinn corey at sequestered.net
Mon Aug 24 17:28:03 UTC 2015

As with most questions of law, "it depends." The IRS states (at
http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Charitable-Organizations/The-Restriction-of-Political-Campaign-Intervention-by-Section-501(c)(3)-Tax-Exempt-Organizations)
that taking a political position, directly or indirectly, isn't permitted.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/501c3_polcampfaqs.pdf gives more insight.

Try this litmus test: if you want to have a Sanders meeting in Church,
would I be permitted the day before to have a Trump meeting in Turing? If
not, then this shouldn't be permitted unless we want to jeopardize
Noisebridge's tax exempt status.

Regards,
Corey Quinn