[Noisebridge-discuss] Bernie?

Josh Juran jjuran at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 20:03:22 UTC 2015

On Aug 24, 2015, at 1:38 PM, ITechGeek <itg at itechgeek.com> wrote:

> And I was just thinking, w/ the over 20 candidates running for president (not to mention I don't know how many people are running for local offices in the SF area), this is probably something to avoid.
>
> Might suggest they look at a local library or community center.

I sure hope public libraries aren't supporting candidates for political office.

Clearly, Noisebridge mustn't favor one candidate over another.  But if we treat all such requests equally, I don't see a problem.  Would we mind holding a meeting for supporters of Hillary Clinton, Rand Paul, or Carly Fiorina?  If we're open to all candidates, then no favoritism is occurring, whether they avail themselves of our hospitality or not.

And frankly, the very idea of Trump supporters merely setting foot in Noisebridge is hilarious.

Josh