[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisecoin

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Thu Jan 22 05:37:33 UTC 2015

In slack, some folks were discussing giving away imaginary things in exchange
for donating to Noisebridge.

"Hahaha wouldn't it be silly if Noisebridge had its own cryptocurrency haha"

You laugh, and yet:

https://www.ripplecharts.com/#/graph/98BCD0B3967762FE081BA5F344C7EAFA88D87FDFBE50ED5A356470EA737EA5BC

On the Ripple network, I've created Noisecoin, which goes by the currency
symbol of 'XNB'. To buy Noisecoin:

1. Log in to rippletrade.com
2. Add ~noisebridge as a gateway for XNB
3. Buy some XNB with literally any tradable thing on the network.

The proceeds of any noisecoins sold will be redeemed for bitcoins and sent to
the Noisebridge bitcoin wallet. There's a few ranges of prices available,
totalling up to 1110200 Noisecoins because thats a funny number, huh?

I bought two noisecoins myself to test it out. If 1110200 coins are sold I'll
be thoroughly impressed and will deeply reconsider some life choices about
computering as a way to earn a living.