[Noisebridge-discuss] [Fundraise] Supporting Noisebridge and (space-)projects like Spacebridge, Cyberspectrum, etc...?

Andreas Hornig andreas.hornig at aerospaceresearch.net
Thu Jan 22 10:46:42 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I visited Noisebridge in late October 2014 after I good a key to it from
Mitch when he was in shackspace for his soldering workshop the spring
before. I really enjoyed my brief times in it and already said thank you :).

For the last couple of days I had time to read a lot of emails because I
had been a doctor's order to stay in bed due to lumbago (which is called
also Hexenschuss in German, a "Witch's Shot/Kick" ;) ) so I already read
some nice ideas to fundraise some money for NB to have your money beyond
March.

I would actually do that and would also like to combine it a bit with stuff
I like. I know of your Spacebridge[0]. I have no idea what's the status of
it. I am a space enthusiast, and would throw in some money into NB if some
of it would also tickle down to this or other space projects :D. It would
actually be really cool for me to have such a balloon project for my
Distributed Ground Station Network[1] I am slowly but constantly working
on, where I not only want to track satellites, but everything that "beeps".
And high altitude balloons are one of those beepers. But I also use
Software Defined Radio and read about your cyberspectrum guys that would
fit into this, or perhaps you could tell me more :D.

Perhaps you like that idea to support projects and NB in general. I would
just paypal it and say 50% NB 50% $spaceproject in the details. I have no
idea if there are any special donation rules for it I should consider.

Best regards,

Andreas

[0] https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/spacebridge
[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC4Ls3AGHf4