[Noisebridge-discuss] [sudo-discuss] EAGLE alternatives or help

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Jul 4 21:56:27 UTC 2015

Eagle is closed-source payware.  They let you design small boards for
free, but if your design grows outside of the part count or space limit,
you have to pay to make larger designs.  It is a capitalistic enterprise.

KiCAD is a FOSS project written by people who do it for the love, and
did i mention that all the source code (and software) is free?

I know that a lot of people are into EAGLE because it's "easy" and
popular, but I think we should support Free & Libre software when we
can... and we can, because KiCAD totally works.

I made these boards with KiCAD recently:

http://spaz.org/~jake/pix/2015-6/IMG_20150610_193136.jpg