[Noisebridge-discuss] Five Minutes of Fame tomorrow! PS DOES ANYONE HAVE A VINYL RECORD PLAYER

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Thu Jun 18 04:09:20 UTC 2015

It starts at 8PM, because I'm at another thing until 7.30PM and also
because that's when it's supposed to start.

This isn't me doing complicated ASCII art plugging Five Minutes of Fame
(5MOF)  because I have no idea what's going on except for:

1) I am compering it again although I will not go on about that.

2) I HAVE TREMENDOUSLY THRILLING NEWS which is my copy of GALACTIC
NIGHTMARE, the best EVER amateur-produced science fiction concept double
album from 1986, arrived today from the UK. Here I am barely able to
contain my excitement: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHvyVOzUEAAnYck.jpg

I fully intend* to present this 98 minute speculative fiction spoken
word/progressive rock masterpiece into a full evening's entertainment at
Noisebridge later this year.

In the mean time, if tomorrow someone was to bring and rig up a record
player capable of outputting a vinyl LPs worth of AWESOME into the
Noisebridge sound system in time for, or during 5MOF, they and everyone
else in a 1km radius would not be disappointed. I would go so far as to say
they will be the exact OPPOSITE of disappointed.

So come to 5MOF this week on Thursday at 8PM, and bring your projects and
thoughts to a discreet and friendly crowd. Also bring your record player
and set it up and do not worry we won't break it and take it home
afterwards.

You will not regret it.

You will the exact opposite of regret it.

d.

*  NB: "fully intend to" can also mean in this context "will not get around
to"