[Noisebridge-discuss] Hackershelves CLEANED! E-Waste pickup needed

Zach organic_unity at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 13 08:11:03 UTC 2015

[Resending without hyperlink to not trip spam filter]:

 Hey hackers,
   Thanks to the awesome efforts of Ramone, Andrew, and
 myself the Hackershelves are now 90% organized and fully
 cleaned!  I went ahead and labelled almost everything
 too- so now there's boxes for RAM, video cards, keyboards,
 etc.  See the pics here!

 Photobucket [DOT] com/user/Segasonicfan/library/NB%20Cleaning

 Thanks to the awesome reboot I think these shelves will be
 clean for a lot longer than they used to :)  I also
 want to put a box up for incoming donations that people can
 toss stuff in if they don't know where it goes.

 Miloh, if you are reading this, I found 2 long LED displays
 one of which is pictured and placed on the right side of the
 hackershelves behind the printer.  There is another on
 top of the shelves.  I bet these are what you were
 looking for.

 For the future:  There is now a "vintage tech" section
 of the hackershelves that I would like to put a timeline on
 for keeping at NB.  There are items on these shelves
 that I have seen collecting dust for literally 3+
 years.  I would love to create a game plan for throwing
 some of this old stuff out, but I left it for now since I
 know some people are attached to it.  There is for
 example, a giant pay phone, a box full of old (I mean, pre
 1980s) VU meters and bench supply stuff, some old AC motors
 and transformers, old broken video cameras, and those
 friggin heavy old touch displays that no one has ever
 used.  I think the stuff from circa 1970 - 1989 really
 needs to be given E-waste priority.  Unless there is
 awesome hackage opportunity / vintage worth to it.
 Just my 2 cents.

 happy hacking!
 Zach