[Noisebridge-discuss] Vertical bike storage - quiet/small winch and track?

Anders Nelson anders.k.nelson at gmail.com
Tue May 19 23:17:12 UTC 2015

Dear smart people, I want to make something.

I have really high ceilings in my flat and I'd like to store/display my and
my roommates' bikes vertically along the wall. I need to have them raised
up above the floor higher than anyone can reach though if this is to be
useful.

So I'd like to make a motorized system where I can hook my front tire on a
relatively standard tire hook, press a button and have the bike winched up
along a track to arrive high on the wall near the ceiling.

Does anyone know of supplier(s) for ball-bearing tracks along which I can
bolt a bicycle storage hook? Next, is there a good solution for a quiet,
>50lb winch or gearhead motor you know of?

I've just started looking for parts, surplus is fine as is new stuff.

Any help is appreciated!

--
Anders Nelson

+1 (517) 775-6129