[Noisebridge-discuss] Everyhere Logistics kickstarter

davidfine d at vidfine.com
Wed May 20 16:35:22 UTC 2015

Friends, fans, colleagues and cat lovers,

I have been fortunate to create, produce and volunteer for a great many events over the years in the Bay Area. I have probably invited, cajoled and even begged you to come to an event I was involved with just with the hope of having a good crowd and a great night (and maybe at least break even at the door), but in this missive I’m going to ask something of you I have never asked for before. Something so outrageous, so ostentatious, so out of character I am tremble and shake as I type this. We will get to the ask in a bit, first I want to talk about where this ask is coming from

If you have been following me on social media or run into me in person over the last few months you know I’ve signed up for Everyhere Logistics (http://everyherelogistics.com/home/about/) , a national tour version of the Lost Horizon Night Market (http://bit.ly/1JwW80I) .

Let’s break down the fun:
* 6 Bay Area and 6 New York participatory art trucks covering 7 cities
* Including Smash Truck, Noodle Truck, Séance Truck and Kindergarten Truck to name a few. Cl (http://everyherelogistics.com/) ick here (http://everyherelogistics.com/) for the full list.
* Artists in each city will bring a local spin to our project with box truck collaborations – maybe even some limited-edition experiences!

What’s my contribution?
24 Foot Studios (http://everyherelogistics.com/2015/05/16/24-foot-studios-lights-cellphone-camera-action/) : a mobile movie studio where you act out three memorable scenes from The Princess Bride filmed using your video-capable phone.

All right. Where is the catnip? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both nip, and find out who is right... and who is whacked on cat nip.

Here is where I ask something monumental of you.

I need $1. (just a dollar)

We have a Kickstarter (http://kck.st/1Hf7Rw1) . The first 3 days are the most critical time for visibility and by just contributing $1 dollar this very minute you can help get this fundraiser to the front page where more people learn about this amazing art project and join the fray. We have some amazing rewards contributed by myself, other trucks and supporters from around the country, so if you want to pledge more please do so. I won’t be mad if you give more than $1, I promise. Scout’s honor. Pinky swear. And we are a non-profit for all donations are tax-deductible.

I know it’s a lot to ask. Sure, it’s less than I ask for theDancehall of Beautiful Radiant Things (http://www.dancehallofbeautifulradiantthings.com/) , it’s less than Urban Golf, Urban Iditarod (http://laughingsquid.com/?s=urban+iditarod) and the 9.8th Fighting Kite Brigade (http://laughingsquid.com/98th-fighting-kite-brigade/) . Way less than the door for Buzzed Bee (http://laughingsquid.com/?s=buzzed+bee) , Match Game and What’s Your Answer (http://laughingsquid.com/?s=what%27s+your+answer) . But in truth, it’s the ha
rdest thing I’ve ever asked for because that was for the price of admission to a somewhat good game show or to participate in a silly event I worked very hard on. Here I’m asking you for a dollar for an art experience you may never get to enjoy,to enable Everywhere Logistics to meet its enormous fundraising goal and connect with other artists and audiences across our great land.

So stop right here, click on our KS link (http://kck.st/1Hf7Rw1) and pledge $1.

No more asking for money and I mean it!

anyone want a peanut,
RICK!