[Noisebridge-discuss] Proposal to open Noisebridge at sunrise

Olivier Laleu olivier.laleu at gmail.com
Sun May 3 02:02:36 UTC 2015

Hi noisebridge,

Thanks for having discussed the proposal during last Tuesday meetings
and on NB-discuss. Big thanks to Kevin for having helped me with format
dates in Golang and having launched some tests.

Proposition:
1 --- I did a pull-request to Henner and Kevin to have a user's (non
fulltime) token working 3 hours after the sunrise. You can check my code
here:
https://github.com/lol84/rfid-access-control/blob/master/software/earl/user.go

Before
member - 24h a day
fullTimeUser - from 7 to 23h59
user - from 11 to 21h59

After
member - 24h a day
fullTimeUser - from sunrise to 23h59
user - from (sunrise + 3 hours) to 21h59

2 --- The idea of Patrick to have an interface from where visitors could
make their own rfid card sounds doocratically cool. Maybe I could give
help with databases.

Question:
1 --- sunrise + 3 hours means a space opened at 9:32 for a user. Is
there a consensus on it? We still can write sunrise + 4 hours if you
think it would be unsecured.

2 --- What about writing on the wiki page "Noisebridge is opened today
from 9:32 to 22:00", via a javascript function. We can grab the code of
the NOAA sunrise hour (the same that is given by astrotime) via
javascript. I can help on it.

Last thoughts:
For newcomers, to know they can enter noisebridge via an rfid related to
the sunrise, is, so cool!
For hackers, to know that the space do not depends from arbitrary
bi-annual time changes sounds cool too!

Henner, Kevin, Patrick,...let me know when you would like to ssh or
operate Earl manually. I'm really interested seeing it working.

Olivier
     'o                            o,
       'o                        o,
         'o                    o'