[Noisebridge-discuss] [dorkbotsf-blabber] Vertical bike storage - quiet/small winch and track?

-pEEf- peef at mindfart.com
Wed May 20 15:43:32 UTC 2015

I second Greg's idea; mount a garage door opener with the track vertical,
and fabricate a hook to go where the garage door connection linkage
normally attaches.  It's already got the track, limit switches, the control
electronics, the remote control, etc.  If you buy a premium one, they are
very quiet.  You might need an extra idler or 2 on your hook/track
interface if there is too much weight on the hook causing cantilever
binding at the track.  You could re-do the enclosure and mount it up on the
ceiling (or even IN the ceiling if you had attic access), for greater
aesthetics.

-Phil