[Noisebridge-discuss] [dorkbotsf-blabber] Vertical bike storage - quiet/small winch and track?

Stuart O Anderson emblem at gmail.com
Wed May 20 04:26:42 UTC 2015

A cheaper solution might be to make the track out of a 2x4, using urethane
skate wheels (or similar) for the bearing points (have built this before).
For a high torque DC drive I'd check out online surplus dealers (AS&S,
MPJA, etc) looking for worm gear drives.  Car window, seat adjust, and RV
awning lifts are common and might work for your application.