[Noisebridge-discuss] Moar Laser Cutter Infos

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 19:58:00 UTC 2015

If we can fix the old one, that'd be sweet.  Why waste our hardware?

But, if that isn't feasible, or if we also want a new one:

Our laser cutter cost us ~$2,000, including shipping (in ~2009).  For about the same amount of money, we could probably get a better one.

I'm now at CTRL-H Hackerspace, in Portland, and they have a 40W laser cutter that looks very similar to ours, which they bought awhile back for about the same amount (~$2k including shipping).

I'll be in China again at the end of the month, and could order one from TaoBao, if someone does some research on Aliexpress on which one to buy.  (Though, on Aliexpress, shipping is often free, so it may actually be a better deal to buy a new one from Aliexpress and ship it to Noisebridge from the supplier, rather than me shipping from China).

Best,

Mitch.