[Noisebridge-discuss] Scrap : a place filled with stuff cheap

jim jim at well.com
Mon Oct 12 18:41:47 UTC 2015

     I'd never heard of "Scrap" before last week. I was
walking around in there with my mouth so open that two
of the staff remarked to/at me.
     "A place with stuff that's oriented kind of toward
artists," someone told me. It's got a sign that says it
takes donations from 10 AM till 4 PM; it's 501(c)3.
There were lots of types of people wandering around
inside looking at paper, fabric, gizmos, manikins, and
other v. low cost treasures (or scrap).

     The address is 801 Toland. The entrance is actually
on Newcomb maybe 30 yards south east of Toland (Newcomb
runs parallel to Oakdale and one block away--i.e. find
Oakdale, find Toland, right on Newcomb and park (I got
a parking place right at the door).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/801+Toland+St,+San+Francisco,+CA+94124/@37.7417088,-122.4026206,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x808f7faad8a6e973:0x304ba4503b6584d8?hl=en

http://www.scrap-sf.org/

801 Toland St, San Francisco, CA 94124 ; (415) 647-1746