[Noisebridge-discuss] Elevator gate: need steel square tubing

Michael Toren mct at toren.net
Mon Sep 14 06:02:01 UTC 2015

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 11:50:59AM -0700, Torrie Fischer wrote:
> Discount Builders would have a selection of steel square tubing to do
> this, though maybe not at the proper length. The Lowes' on bayshore
> /might/ have some longer lengths, or more likely a local home depot.
> Most other local vendors like BayShore Metals are closed today.

There's also Granite Expo, in Oakland.  They have two locations, only one
of which sells steel, but both locations are within a couple miles of each
other.  I've bought a bunch of 20x1" square tubing from them over the
years.

...but, I'm really scared of the idea of putting a cage around the elevator
lobby on the 3rd floor.  The elevator is very flakey, and if you come up,
can't get through the cage, and then can't use the elevator to get back
down, you're really fucked.  That's basically the definition of a fire
trap. :-/

If you can somehow provide access from the elevator lobby to the stairwell,
that would be completely different.