[Noisebridge-discuss] Elevator gate: need steel square tubing

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Sun Sep 13 18:50:59 UTC 2015

Discount Builders would have a selection of steel square tubing to do this,
though maybe not at the proper length. The Lowes' on bayshore /might/ have
some longer lengths, or more likely a local home depot. Most other local
vendors like BayShore Metals are closed today.

Cold rolled steel is essentially hot rolled steel with some further processing
(and expenses) to increase tensile strength and reach precise shapes and
tolerances. I don't think we need cold rolled steel for our door frame :)