[Noisebridge-discuss] Fwd: [SFIOP doers] Call for ART! Call for VOLUNTEERS! Call for ALL THE THINGS! Oakland FIGMENT

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Fri Sep 18 18:31:56 UTC 2015

In the application, I said we can make a dome anywhere between 12' and 24' diameter. Kinda waiting on a curator to read the application to see how much space we can get.

Yes, it'd be a simple metal one made from EMT. We'll want to fix up the bandsaw or get a horizontal one which is pretty cheap. Beyond that, we've got a sledge to fab the ends of rods and a drill press for holes.

Then some tarps and vinyl glue to build a skin, and we'll have a structure to fill with tea!

On September 18, 2015 11:11:14 AM PDT, Patrick O'Doherty <p at trickod.com> wrote:
>I'll throw some monies and hopefully some labour hours to this.
>
>What dimensions of dome are you thinking we'll be able to get for $800?
>Do we have the requisite tools at the space to cut / work the metal
>(I'm
>presuming it's metal), and if not what do we need to borrow?
>
>maybe let's slap together a wiki page with whatever details we have and
>work from there :) https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Figment_2015

>Torrie Fischer:
>> I submitted an application for Noisebridge to build and host a
>geodesic
>> dome tea house.
>>
>> Asked around the space last night and got positive "yeah, I'll help!"
>good
>> input on this.
>>
>> Anyone want to contribute funds to make this happen? A rough back of
>the
>> tequila stained napkin calculation suggests around $800 to put
>together a
>> big enough dome, then more investment in sitting pillows, tea
>kettles, etc
>> beyond the $800.
>>
>>> Hey Noisebridge, we could make some art.

>>> 2. Call for Volunteers!