[Noisebridge-discuss] seeking small CRT color TV/video monitor

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Aug 19 20:41:20 UTC 2016

I'm looking for a non-LCD color video screen, somewhere between 5" and 8"
diagonal size.  I guess 7" would be perfect.

I want to use it as the "dashboard" for my electric motorcycle.  It will
primarily show the view from a rear-facing videocamera, but i'm going to
use an arduino to overlay information like speed and battery state onto
the picture, videogame style.  I look forward to enclosing the back of the
CRT in transparent polycarbonate so that the yoke and other features are
visible.

i might have to use an LCD until i find the right CRT, but i think a CRT
would be ideal for reasons of class and style.  But it has to be color.

if you know of a color CRT monitor in this small size range that's
available (for free ideally) please let me know.  I am expecting composite
signal, but VGA would probably work too if i modified my signal plan.

thank you,
-jake

P.S. if you're interested in an antique vacuum-tube television, make me an
offer:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/atq/5739351649.html