[Noisebridge-discuss] $1k Awesome grants for arts organizations

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:52:37 UTC 2016

I'm part of the San Francisco Awesome Foundation.  Each month we give $1,000 grants to awesome projects, no strings attached.

If you have a project you think is awesome (any kind of project!), and could use $1,000 for it, please apply!

http://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/chapters/sf

We meet once each month.  This month's meeting was tonight.

At tonight's meeting we thought it would be appropriate to encourage art spaces to apply for consideration for receiving next month's grant:

The SF Awesome Foundation will be making funds available this coming month to support underground art spaces. In particular, we'd love to support your spaces need for fire safety equipment/emergency preparedness/stuff to get you up to code/stuff to keep you from getting evicted/etc. If you are
affiliated with a space (or know of a space) that could use a grant ($1000) to buy fire safety gear or otherwise be more safe, please submit an application here by Dec 31: http://www.awesomefoundation.org/en/submissions/new?chapter=sf

If you know of any art spaces that could benefit, please let them know!

Thanks,
Mitch.