[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Shop Safety Session: Wednesday, Feburary 17th at 7:00 PM

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Thu Feb 4 06:07:30 UTC 2016

Hi, Noisebridge.

At last night's meeting there was some feedback that a Shop Safety
Class is wanted and appropriate.

I will be hosting a Shop Safety Discussion and Class in the Dirty shop
on Wednesday, Feburary 17th at 7:00 PM.

The way this works is pretty simple:

- Show up
- We talk about safety
- We go over what tools are in the shop
- We learn how to keep the sharp pointy bits out of the fleshy meaty
bits
- We talk about what happens if the sharp pointy bits do get into the
fleshy meaty bits
- We cut some wood and grind some metal
- We don't bleed all over the place

Remember, if you bleed on something in the dirty shop, there's
paperwork involved and then someone's gotta clean it and I lost my body
part disposal guy so its really hard now, and ugh.

So please:

Don't bleed on things in the dirty shop. Come to Noisebridge on the
17th at 7:00PM and learn how to not bleed on things in the dirty shop.
It'll take about an hour of your time and save me so much paperwork in
the future.