[Noisebridge-discuss] RFID duplicator modification

Dan Cote terminationshok at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 21:57:13 UTC 2016

I bought this RFID duplicator to copy a personal apartment key fob. The
building management wants to charge an outrageous amount for a duplicate. I
have T5577 writable tags, which can supposedly emulate the HID fob. It
seems that the Chinese vendor sent the wrong device. It supposedly writes
125khz EM4305 CET5557 T5577 5200 EM4205 tags. This particular one doesn't
read the HID fobs. The entire country of China is going on vacation, so I'd
like to modify this device to work with HID, rather than wait forever for
them to send the right one. It has some data pins that might be handy.

http://imgur.com/TQ2PVY1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NWO2Og6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rWqHGua.jpg

I certainly want to learn about this device and HID/RFID in general, but I
also want the fob copied quickly. If you can help duplicate it, I'd love to
get you a beer or burrito.