[Noisebridge-discuss] Shortwave radio?

Travis Briggs audiodude at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 04:26:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

I was given a Tecsun PL-380 <http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0035X1EC2>
AM/FM/Shortwave radio for Christmas. The FM works great. The AM works
great. But I cannot for the life of me pick up a single shortwave station.

I asked in a different forum and someone suggested that the radio might
just be defective in the shortwave band, so I returned it and got another
one of the same product from a different vendor on Amazon. However, the
same issue is occurring.

I understand that my apartment might not be the best place for picking up
radio stations, but not one?

Also, I have to admit that I haven't manually scanned every SW station.
This is just the result from using the ETM and ATS features on the radio --
it can't find a single station.

Any advice?

Thanks,
-Travis