[Noisebridge-discuss] Shortwave radio?

nate t n8ersdr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 04:41:06 UTC 2016

Possibly try adding a long chunk of wire onto the end of the antenna, you could use an alligator clip or just wrap it around the end, something like 15-30ft of wire, if you can hang it out the window that'd give the best results. At least try to get your antenna out / near a window.

You should be able to get SW stations from China without any problem, possibly Radio Havana Cuba @ 6000khz or 6150khz.

Check out http://websdr.org/ and pick a station on the west coast either

KI6BQJ - Valley Christian High School
http://207.31.37.100:8901/

or

University of Victoria, BC, Canada - WebSDR
http://websdr.ece.uvic.ca/

would be good ones to start with. Find something that is coming in to those stations and then tune to them with your radio, the frequency may be off slightly from the numbers on each of those websdr sites (due to poor crystals in the SDRs used) so  you may need to tune around a little bit up or down to find the station.