[Noisebridge-discuss] Heat press not functional, repair help needed.

Zach R organicunity at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 18 00:34:49 UTC 2016

I have a real hard time believing that it's a 25A fuse.  Most wall outlets and power strips are rated at 1500W.  You will find nothing in a house rated higher than 15A because it would flip the breaker.  I mean this thing would have to be industrial with a multi-phase power connector to draw that kind of power.

Not trying to dog on anyone, and I think it was excellent going to the autoshop looking for a fuse.  It's just *more* excellent to ask for assistance with expensive gear at NB.  I am all for diy laptop repairs and maybe even a diy projector repair (they are <$100 nowadays).  But looking at the NB lasercutter has shown me that these diy solutions are destroying our nicest equipment.  And all because of a lack of communication.  I'm just pointing this out as an NB issue, not to rub salt in any wounds.

There's always ways to identify gear.  Googling "china heat press" or whatever and doing some image searching, looking for markings on the PCB, etc etc.  People are too quick to throw in the towel on this (as I also learned with our lasercutter, which was a mystery until I spent 10 minutes using google).