[Noisebridge-discuss] [Noisebridge-announce] Noisebridge Statement on Jacob Appelbaum

Ryan Pepin rjpepin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 20:04:08 UTC 2016

Meh,

Effectively this entire list has seen 'this guy is a likely rapist' but
posting any actual firsthand accounts is apparently too triggering for
anyone to read.

This is the third time in this ~12 message chain that the response to
people asking for information has effectively been, "you should evaluate
your own morals you sexist, how could you question my(as of now) baseless
claim, it involves potential sexual misconduct after all"

Rape is bad, sexual harassment is bad, sexual misconduct is bad; let people
draw their own judgements from actual facts please or keep the defamation
entirely off list.

Post a link to legitimate accounts if they are too triggering for the list.

The ones I have read haven't in my eyes been worthy of a ban(all of which
involved crass language and no physical contact) and genders reversed
likely wouldn't even be considered offensive in the first place.

Perhaps I'm not fully informed, in which case what is to be gained from
withholding the facts?

I reiterate for the fourth time, what claims and what reasoning?

I will happily eat my own words.