[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Statement on Jacob Appelbaum

robb sf99er at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 17:23:46 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 8:45 AM, VonGuard <vonguard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally, I don't give a rats ass what this "looks like from the
> outside."

that's obvious

> If one more fucking person DEMANDS that the victims come forward with
> evidence and photos and videos and rape kits, I'm gonna blow my fucking
> stack.

i did not demand any physical evidence

> Demanding evidence is NOT what you do in these cases.  Instead, you
> quietly discuss, find the evidence and statements needed quietly, AND NOT
> IN PUBLIC, so as not to shame and humiliate the victims.

again, i did not demand physical evidence. i merely suggested an anonymous
account that demonstrates Jake's culpability.

> If you think Noisebridge did wrong, you don't trust Noisebridge. This
> decision was NOT made lightly, and as it CLEARLY states in the statement,
> Jake was a problem at Noisebridge BEFORE this began.

i don't think nb did *wrong *

> You want facts? You go get raped by him then come back here and listen to
> everyone tell you you're lying. Then try to cough up some "facts."

no comment

> This is an inherently messy situation, and you know what? Reminding us all
> of that fact and questioning the victims is NOT HELPING. We know.
> Noisebridge knows. Noisebridge has WAY more experience with Jake than most
> people. Either trust that Noisebridge did right, or find a hackerspace
> where Jake is allowed in the door, if it matters that much to you.

my concern for jake, personally, is nil. i do care about fairness & equity
alot though

> We're fucking done with him. Go plead his case and cast aspersions on the
> victims elsewhere.

you are seriously delusional if you think i'm pleading his case. my concern
is for nb. this is a public list. libel is a real.

> It makes me physically ill to see more people supporting Jake than the
> victims. I don't care how ham-fisted their reports sound. Assuming multiple
> ladies and men are lying and Noisebridge is just being reactionary is just
> ludicrous.

i am not supporting jake

> For all these accusations to be right ONLY ONE THING MUST BE TRUE: Jacob
> has to be a bad guy. Terrible to believe, I know.
>

> For all the accusations to be wrong, and for all these orgs to to toss
> Jacob out improperly, then everyone of the orgs and every one of Jacobs
> accusers has to be wrong.

clearly, i'm lacking some facts here

> Explain to me again how it makes sense to shame the victims and everyone
> else involved and run to the defense of a single, powerful individual
> accused of shaming victims and threatening them. Please explain to me how
> the one accused of making these victims feel afraid and ashamed needs your
> help, rather than the victims needing your help.

i'm not trying to defend anyone but nb.

> Please, continue discussing this on the email list and informing all of us
> at Noisebridge that we made a hasty decisions you don't like, assuming
> wee're all just reactionaries and making this shit up. Assume we don't know
> Jacob better than you. Please, continue to assume we don't have dozens of
> other cases where Jacob hurt members of the Noisebridge community in the
> past. Please assume we're just being vengeful.
>
> YOU are reactionary, evidenced by your response to my post

> Please, continue to victim shame.

nice conclusion...now where exactly in my post did i shame any victims?

again,
the allegations against jake are extremely serious accusations.
it is imperative to handle this matter responsibly for all the parties
involved - including nb & tor project.

i wish you all well