[Noisebridge-discuss] arduino dmx receiver

Robert "Finny" Merrill rfmerrill at berkeley.edu
Tue May 24 03:07:45 UTC 2016

If you want to receive DMX it's pretty easy--it's just 250 kbps
serial, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity.

You detect the beginning of a DMX frame by looking for a break
condition (on an AVR this shows up as the "frame error" bit being set
in the UART status), then you just read bytes and throw them out until
you get to the one corresponding to an address you're listening to.