[Noisebridge-discuss] Noisebridge Event: SFAI Huddle & Hack Wed 10/12 @5pm

Ebitenyefa Baralaye ebi at baralaye.com
Wed Oct 12 04:30:40 UTC 2016

Hello. I’m Ebi <http://baralaye.com/>, an art teacher at the San Francisco Art Institute <http://www.sfai.edu/>. I visited Noisebridge last Tuesday and got an introduction to the space and some of its members via Jeremy Llewellyn. Got to spend some time hacking with him on the new 3d printers in the space too, which was nice. I mentioned informally that I would like to bring some of my students to Noisebridge.

I would like to bring the students of my Nomadic Structures class to Noisebridge tomorrow 10/12 at 5pm to get an introduction to the space and your community. My goal is for students to explore hacking as art production around 3d printing, laser cutting, sewing and more. I could host the event in either the Turing or Church classrooms, whichever is available.

I have gone ahead and added this event to the Noisbridge Events <https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Category:Events> page and created a wiki page <https://noisebridge.net/wiki/SFAI_Huddle_&_Hack> for it.

I’m expecting twelve students for this event. This event doesn’t need to be marketed but any drop-ins from the community are welcomed.

I realize that this is pretty short formal notice.
Would there be any conflicts or issues around the logistics of this event?
Would a member be willing to give an introduction and overview about the space to the class at 5pm?

my cell - 646.301.6311

Thank you.

Ebitenyefa Baralaye
646.301.6311