[Noisebridge-discuss] Learning Journey - Brazilian Educators

Paola Ricci paola at catalisador.org.br
Sun Aug 27 11:46:41 UTC 2017

Dear All,

We write from Brazil, from the Instituto Catalisador, a civil society
organization focused on catalyzing hands-on creative learning in Brazilian
public schools with a mission of collaborating with the building of a more
meaningful and transformative educational experience for students and
teachers in our country.

In October 2017, the days preceding the FabLearn Conference at Stanford, we
are organizing a Learning Journey for Brazilian educators interested in
project based learning, maker education, learning communities and educating
cities. One topic that interests us is how maker culture and hacker ethics
may be very relevant in making schools more meaningful. A collaborator of
the Institute, Fernando Carril, spoke highly about NoiseBridge and
suggested we visited you during our trip. It would be great if we could
arrange a visit to the space, talk to one of you who is involved in
education and would be interested in talking to us as well as use a room
for a group meeting.  We are positive that insights and good discussions
for this group of educators could emerge from learning more about how
NoiseBridge approaches learning. Is it possible? We may arrange a call to
further this conversation if this is in your interest as well.

We will be about 10 Brazilian Educators and could visit Noisebridge on the
18th of October.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Kind Regards

Paola Salmona Ricci
Instituto Catalisador - Brasil
www.catalisador.org.br