[Noisebridge-discuss] Battle for the Net @ Noisebridge : 11th July

Jeremy Rollinson jeremy at rollinson.me
Thu Jun 22 20:30:06 UTC 2017

Hi all,

In advance of the "Battle for the Net" day of action on 12th July we are
holding an event at Noisebridge to promote and support the cause for net
neutrality.

The day of action itself supported by many organisations from EFF to Duck
Duck Go. More info here; https://www.battleforthenet.com/july12/

Event Time, 6:30 to 8:00pm
Location, open to discussion but in the Hackatorium would be great.

We're hoping to have 3 speakers who will cover various aspects of Net
Neutrality from the technology to universal access and freedom of
expression. The talks will be 10 to 15 minutes in duration.

We're actively looking for speakers right now so if anybody has a
suggestion for a talk they would like to give or knows someone who would be
a good fit let myself or Nicole know. EFF have already expressed interest
in sending one or two people along.

If anyone has contacts at Monkeybrains or any of the other organisations &
businesses listed as supporters on the Battle for the Net site they can
share that would be awesome.

The talks will be followed by a  panel style Q&A allowing people to ask
questions of the speakers.

If anyone has questions, suggestions or concerns let us know here or via
slack. I am @rollinson, Nicole @gaardn.

The meetup listing has been posted;
https://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/events/240996299/, providing there are
no objections we'll post to the announce list tomorrow and update the wiki.

Thanks
Jeremy / @rollinson