[Noisebridge-discuss] roomba scooba charger?

Jake jake at spaz.org
Thu Mar 16 22:16:35 UTC 2017

do you, or someone you know, have a roomba scooba floor mopper robot?

my friend found a scooba in the trash and i sent it to my nephew to play with
but there was no charger, and it uses a different connector for the charger
plug and I don't know what the pinout is.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/iRobot-Scooba-Power-Supply-AC-Adapter-Charger-Model-13143-Roomba-/262603186106

it has a DIN-5 connector like MIDI but it only uses 3 pins.  There are pictures
of the charger on the web, but the label on the charger shows the pinout for
the original barrel connector :p

i want to measure someone's scooba charger so i can send him one or something.

did you know they're eays to hack and tell them where to drive?  they have a
serial port and you can just plop a small computer on top and drive it around,
looking through the webcam.

-jake