[Noisebridge-discuss] Hello from London HackSpace

Mentar . mentarus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 03:01:34 UTC 2018

Hello noisebridge,

Just wanted to say "hi" as I moved to the area from London and looking to
get involved with the hacker scene here. I was a trustee of the London
HackSpace (which was modeled on noisebridge!) and was involved with a few
projects <https://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/User:Mentar> there as
well as starting the robotics subgroup.

Heard you are moving in 6 months, LHS is going through that now and
although I'm not involved this time, it's turning to be quite a nightmare,
good thing though the rent back home is 3x of what you are paying here!

Fun fact: We used to measure the drama at LHS in nano-noisebridges, then as
we grew past about 900 members we ended up having a few individuals provide
drama to eclipse most* of the things noisebridge had to offer. It seems to
be a much calmer place now, and looks pretty well run (if a little cold)

Gonna have a busy 2 months but would love to get involved with Noisebridge
more after April!

Cheers
Mentar/Eugene

P.S. * LHS still has yet to have a streaker though!