[Noisebridge-discuss] Hello from London HackSpace

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Wed Feb 21 18:53:41 UTC 2018

Welcome Mentar.  I too am looking to get more involved with Noisebridge
as well and look forward to meeting you.

I imagine your experience will be valuable as Noisebridge looks to find a
new home and fund a potentially much higher costs.

Haven't seen any streakers either.

togo

On Fri, Feb 9, 2018 at 7:01 PM, Mentar . <mentarus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello noisebridge,
>
> Just wanted to say "hi" as I moved to the area from London and looking to
> get involved with the hacker scene here. I was a trustee of the London
> HackSpace (which was modeled on noisebridge!) and was involved with a few
> projects there as well as starting the robotics subgroup.
>
> Heard you are moving in 6 months, LHS is going through that now and although
> I'm not involved this time, it's turning to be quite a nightmare, good thing
> though the rent back home is 3x of what you are paying here!
>
> Fun fact: We used to measure the drama at LHS in nano-noisebridges, then as
> we grew past about 900 members we ended up having a few individuals provide
> drama to eclipse most* of the things noisebridge had to offer. It seems to
> be a much calmer place now, and looks pretty well run (if a little cold)
>
> Gonna have a busy 2 months but would love to get involved with Noisebridge
> more after April!
>
> Cheers
> Mentar/Eugene
>
> P.S. * LHS still has yet to have a streaker though!

Best Regards.
This is unedited.
This message came out of me
via a suboptimal keyboard.