[Noisebridge-discuss] Datasheet reading class

Matt Arcidy marcidy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 21:50:40 UTC 2018

I'm considering giving a class on datasheets.  I think they might be
somewhat intimidating if not familiar, and anything that helps people move
towards a wider vocabulary of components seems useful.

it serves as a pretty good intro to a lot of areas, including packaging,
engineering style dimensions, dealing with pads, and pcb footprints. People
would print out copies of 3 component I select, easy medium hard, and we'd
go over them.

Any thoughts, or advice?  I'm thinking one class hour max, with a decent
amount of dialog rather than straight lecture.  I would consider it
friendly to anyone who knows the difference between voltage and current,
and useful to anyone desiring to go beyond the Arduino ecosphere.

Thanks!