[Noisebridge-discuss] Invitation to collaborate with Monero at DefCon

Michael Schloh von Bennewitz noisebridge at encambio.com
Thu May 31 08:30:01 UTC 2018

Hello Noisebridge,

The Monero Project is organizing a DefCon village this year, in
Las Vegas on 9-12 August. As you know, the 25000 capacity DefCon
is a technology conference that attracts elite hackers and talented
enthusiasts.

We at Monero (I'm with their hardware team) are good friends with
Noisebridge, and that's why I'm extending this personal invitation
to collaborate.

CONTACT

I hope any of us Noisebridgers will contact me if you have questions,
and I particularly hope that we field lots of speaking and teaching
proposals in our call for papers (CFP) portal:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnDevCkvDNQpfO-ktisAtWIx7z3M_6zX0qSbhDVRsIVEIF4w/viewform?usp=send_form

...which is closing very soon (sorry for the lack of advance notice.)

FORMAT

If Noisebridge can produce content relevant enough for Monero,
cryptocurrency, blockchain, or cryptohardware, it's easy to imagine
a vendor table assignment as well. I imagine this may work like one
of Mitch's CCC appearances, to teach making or creative hardware.

Lots of other ideas are valid, including just coming by the village.
In case it's not clear, we are doing this village as volunteers,
have no funding for the space, and are not seeking financial donations.

Thanks for considering participation with us at DefCon.

Cheers,
Michael