[Noisebridge-discuss] Greetings from a friend who visited last year

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Sun Oct 28 00:28:01 UTC 2018

On Sat, 27 Oct 2018 at 17:12, Garrett Brown <garrett at kodi.tv> wrote:

> Dear fellow hackers,
>
> I'm excited to announce that I just got a job in SF. Last year I stopped by Noisebridge several nights between GSoC and Samsung's SDC, and was blown away by the breadth and cohesiveness of what I saw.
>
> It's been a year, so I was just wondering what the protocol is to enter the HS again.

Simplest of all protocols: you ring the bell and someone lets you in :)
And if you come more often, find a member or philanthropist who can
set up some RFID token for you to get into the space easily in regular
hours.

> I fly in on Monday and have no clue what day or what time I'll be by, or which buddies I'll be with.
>
> Last year I left your video game archivist with a raspberry pi tricked out with my special build of Kodi modified for zero-configuration emulation. I have another RPi with his name on it. Team Kodi is currently transitioning infrastructure so emulators might be broken, but if a microSD adapter and some controllers are available I'm hopeful we can get some retro gaming seshs going.

In the meantime, we have also have
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/NGALAC - which it sounds like you'd
enjoy.

Welcome to San Francisco,